Next month, smartphone manufacturer itel plans to introduce new models in India’s Power line. There are going to be three new itel Power smartphones in all. One of them is going to be the first in the world to run Android 14 (Go Edition) right out of the box.
This is an overview of what we currently know about the upcoming itel devices.
New itel Power smartphones launching soon
According to industry sources, itel is launching three new smartphones under its Power series, as mentioned. The itel launch event is also tipped to take place in February. The specific launch date hasn’t been revealed yet but it’s expected to be announced soon.
The first phone from the series will come with Android 14 (Go edition) out-of-the-box. It looks like only one phone from the series will run on Android Go. This Android version is specifically designed for entry-level phones, and it comes with key features from the regular Android OS.
The second smartphone from the itel Power series is said to be designed with quick and efficient power replenishment, and ultra-fast charging capabilities.One unique memory feature that is unique to India will be included in the third model in the itel Power series.
A marketing image of a smartphone—possibly the one with ultra-fast charging capabilities—has also been leaked to us. On the right side of the phone are the power and volume buttons; above is a flat display with a punch-hole camera; the text reads “Power Play.” On top, along with the selfie camera, are the battery percentage and supercharge information. There is a dual camera arrangement at the back with vertically aligned sensors. There also seems to be flat edges on the new itel Phone.
[Exclusive] itel to launch three new smartphones under Power series in India this Februaryhttps://t.co/tvpgPLybHw— 91mobiles (@91mobiles) January 29, 2024
The new itel Phones’ pricing has not been announced, but we anticipate that they will be in the affordable range. The Power 55 5G smartphone is the final model in Intel’s Power line. The base model, which has 64GB of storage and 4GB of RAM, starts at Rs 9,699 in India. Here are a few quick specs to review.
Specifications for Intel Power P55 5G
- Display: The 6.6-inch HD+ IPS display on the Intel Power P55 5G has a refresh rate of 90Hz and a touch sampling rate of 180Hz.
- Processor: The Mediatek Dimensity 6080 chipset powers the smartphone.
- RAM and storage: It is available in two configurations: 4GB RAM and 64GB storage, and 6GB RAM and 128GB storage (optionally with virtual RAM).
- Cameras: There is an 8MP front camera and a 50MP primary AI camera on the back of the itel Power P55 5G.
- Battery and charging: A 5,000mAh battery with 18W charging capabilities is also included in the smartphone.
- Additional features: The itel Power P55 5G has a fingerprint sensor located on the side, a 3.5mm headphone socket, and a USB Type-C connector.